Account Manager / Customer Service Gas (Senior)
Spain, Catalunya [Cataluña], GranollersGAS - Account Management
Where are you going to work?
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the leading Logistics Service Providers. Our family-owned organization was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry, we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture. Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 50 locations within 29 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,100 people and our modern equipment includes 23,970 tank containers, 5,791 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 340 tank trailers and 659 trucks.
About the role
As Account Manager for our Business Unit Gas you’re part of a professional and ambitious team. You‘re responsible for a group of (inter)national customers and together with your colleagues around the world you provide excellent customer service. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, Improvement and Fun in Business are part of your DNA.
What you will do
As Account Manager, you are the main contact person for your customers. From the moment the customer is sending a transport request you take responsibility for the acceptance and execution of the orders, including all necessary administration from order to invoice and custom documentation. You are the logistics specialist who answers all your customer´s queries, handles compliments and complaints, solves problems, implements new lanes and performs financial & operational analyses in order to continuously improve. In short: together with your colleagues from operations and commerce, you realize creative logistic solutions for our customers. In the world of bulk chemical logistics, no two days are the same.
- Bachelor degree (preferred) with a few years of experience in a dynamic and international environment.
- Proven track record in Customer Service within transport and/or logistics.
- Knowledge of shipping (deep sea) and customs protocols (import / export) can be an advantage.
- Accurate and good planning & organizing skills.
- Decisive and ability to adapt to ever-changing scenarios
- Sound commercial and analytical skills with a good understanding of cost drivers and general supply chain management
- Strong drive for personal development; high level of learning agility and flexibility.
- Excellent communication (also in writing) skills in English and Spanish (other languages are a plus).
What we offer
We offer you an interesting position with a high degree of responsibility in a international and informal organization. An opportunity to grow with us in a workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership. We offer attractive Den Hartogh employment conditions, personal development and flexible working arrangements.
How to apply