Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the leading Logistics Service Providers. The family-owned organisation was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry, we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture.
Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 47 locations within 26 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 1,800 people and our modern equipment includes more than 20,000 tank containers, 6,100 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 350 tank trailers and 630 trucks.
About the team:
At Den Hartogh we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, we care about our people, their safety and wellbeing which makes us an employer of choice. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Administration Apprentice within our Dry Bulk business unit in Hull.
Our apprenticeship programme offers the chance to study for a nationally recognised qualification whilst undertaking practical work to contribute to the success of a fast paced, progressive organisation.
The program aims to produce a pool of home grown talent that fully understands Den Hartogh’s core values, aims and objectives whilst developing the skills and knowledge of a wide range of departments, business ready for permanent roles and a great future with our organisation.
About the role:
• You will rotate across a number of departments, including customer service, operations, technical and finance.
• In each department you will be involved in day to day activities, from inputting and maintaining accurate records, problem solving and liaising with customers, suppliers, hauliers and internal departments.
• You will understand and work to departmental KPIs and achieve individual learning outcomes in each department.
• You will work collaboratively with and support your colleagues.
• You will build your knowledge in every department – not only understanding what you do, but why you do it and how your input affects and contributes to the success of each department.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic and inquisitive to learn the what, why and how etc.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills with the will to succeed.
• Always be on the search for new ways to develop
• Develop good working relationships and understand the benefit of being part of a team
• Be a good written and verbal communicator
• Have at least 5 GCSEs at level 4 or above (or equivalent), including Maths and English
What we offer:
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who are looking to develop their career in a supportive, progressive global company. We offer an attractive benefits package including pension scheme, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 15 July 2022. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org