Application Manager (Transport Management Solutions)
About the Team
Den Hartogh sees IT as a strategic differentiator. The combination of leading-edge IT tools and focus on business intelligence will enable state of the art smart logistics solutions for our customers. Our unique and own developed Transport Management System (Transfusion) is at the core of our business systems. Den Hartogh’s ambitious and professional IT department is primarily based in the Netherlands with part of the team in the UK.
The clusters IT Operations, Architecture & Security, BI Platform & Data Management, Customer & Supplier Solutions, Connected Sites & Workforce, Transport Management and Finance & HR work together as one team to support the growth and international expansions of Den Hartogh and in realizing its objectives.
About the Role
The Application Manager – Transport Management Solutions (TMS) is accountable for the development, operation, management and optimisation of all IT solutions that are necessary to enable and support the TMS processes and accelerated roll out to meet the business objectives and needs of our customers and users.
This role reports to the Transport Management & Business Process Manager.
Your responsibilities include:
- Functionally lead the Transport Management (TMS) application.
- Implement and support our innovative and ambitious IT strategy for Transportation Management in close collaboration with the business and stakeholders.
- Drive, manage and support continuous improvement of the delivery of IT Transportation Management initiatives to users (e.g. requests, incidents and problems).
- Ensure the proper functioning and day-to-day continuity of the TMS solutions
- Ensure and monitor the proper functioning and compliance of the IT infrastructure for TMS solutions.
- Strengthen digital partnerships and manage suppliers to maximize value for money while delivering the right quality, performance & digital experience for customers and users.
- Lead and participate in various local and international IT projects and change processes across the Den Hartogh Group
- Keep up to date with the latest IT developments and integrate those into the strategy and processes.
- Bachelor / Master in Information Technology, Supply Chain Management or related.
- Experience (minimum of 5 years) in a similar role in an international and dynamic setting. Experience within Transport & Logistics has a strong preference.
- Sound experience in managing IT transformation and digitalization.
- Familiar with modern IT systems and technology developments.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Experience in leading or participating in international ICT projects.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proactive and a strong drive to constantly improve and achieve results.
- A team player who drives co-creation and is able to engage others.
- Strong drive for personal development; high level of learning agility and flexibility.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal. Dutch is a preference.
What we offer:
We offer you an interesting and challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing and informal organisation. The role offers great opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. For more information about the role you can contact Curd Groeneveld (TMS & Business Process Manager) on +31 (0)6 5328 1604 or Hester Boerma (HR Manager) on +31 (0)6 1314 5483.