Commercial Manager Indonesia, Dry Bulk
Jakarta, Jawa, IndonesiaDry Bulk
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the world’s leading specialist Logistics Service Providers. Our family-owned organization was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industries we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture.
A new role has been created within our Dry Bulk Division in Indonesia - the Commercial Manager Indonesia is an integral role within the Asia Commercial Team and is tasked with developing and growing our Dry Bulk Division in Indonesia in line with agreed commercial parameters. You must be comfortable dealing with customers, able to maintain & build customer relationships and work effectively in a team environment. You will be the face of the company representing Den Hartogh Dry Bulk Logistics during customer visits, making presentations and sharing proposals where needed.
- Commercial Management - responsible for the leadership of our Dry Bulk business in Indonesia. Specifically the relationship management between our existing customers and our own organization. Achieve revenue & margin budgets & growth targets for the defined business sectors in Indonesia.
- Strategic Business Planning - work together with the Commercial Director APAC to create strategy definition and business plans for Indonesia that deliver our long-term growth ambitions; investigate and develop strategic partnerships / alliances.
- Business Development - responsible for delivering agreed aspects of the to achieve Dry Bulk sales & growth objectives. Promote & sell Dry Bulk services - establish new customer relationships and research, explore & develop new sales opportunities.
- Marketing & PR – establish yourself as the face of Den Hartogh Dry Bulk in Indonesia. Provide general marketing expertise and sales collateral for communications and conferences. Maintain industry and segment knowledge and keep ahead of market developments and communicate these internally.
- Internally work with local and group functions to ensure new business opportunities are exploited effectively & professionally. Collaborate and coordinate with diverse teams (technical, operations, suppliers, customer service etc) to ensure new projects are planned and supported in an aligned way.
- Key tasks within this role include commercial management, maintaining customer relationships, new business prospecting, making presentations, creating proposals, offering quotations, solution selling, working in a team and project management.
Essential Job Requirements
- Relevant higher education qualification – (ie) management, business, logistics & supply chain;
- Min 5 years of experience in a commercial management position;
- Background within companies dealing in Logistics & Transportation;
- A proven track record in business development, commerce and operations;
- Natural ability to spot commercial opportunities;
- Adept at analysing sales leads & creation of supply chain solutions;
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking mindset;
- A relevant network in the Indonesian petrochemical industry is a plus;
- Prepared to travel domestically on a regular basis;
- Fluent in Bahasa and English, both verbal and written aspects.
Experience and knowledge
- Successful in stakeholder management within an international scope;
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record of working at a senior level;
- Experience of looking after Key Accounts;
- Ability and track record of growing business and delivering results;
- Persistence in overcoming challenges and unforeseen circumstances.
Personal Competencies Required
- Commercially orientated;
- Results driven;
- Team Leadership;
- Financial Acumen;
- Collaboration and influencing;
- Conceptual thinker;
- Strategic thinker;
- Tactical executer;
- Effective stakeholder and vendor manager;
- Unquestionable character and integrity.
© Copyright 2023 Royal Den Hartogh Logistics. All rights reserved - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Code of conduct