Commercial Manager - Malaysia
Den Hartogh Logistics is a
leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry
Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business
Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk
Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We
understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on
developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers.
We have a global presence, with more than 1,800 employees located in 47 offices
within 26 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 20,000 tank
containers, 6,100 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 350
tank trailers and 630 trucks.
The role to be situated in our Malaysia office is for a Commercial Manager (Malaysia) and is an integral role in the Commercial Team. The person will lead and drive the commercial aspects of the business, while managing the commercial team. You must be comfortable dealing with customers, able to work in a team, to offer quotations and rates to customer. You will be the face of the company, representing Den Hartogh Logistics on your customer visits, and making presentations where needed.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Managing the commercial team
- Ensuring proper regional pricing schedule and maintenance of same
- Achieving to maximum monthly export quotas and rate targets, unless otherwise approved by Den Hartogh
- Oversee and manage all regional tender requirements, for contractual business, including collation of costs per above, and tender submissions via spreadsheet and web.
- Any other ad hoc functions as required, including support of commercial and operational functions, subject to completion of core functions.
- Reporting to the General Manager of Malaysia and working closely with all the office functions and network.
- Business development and marketing of the company’s services
- Prospecting potential customers
- Sales / Marketing Visits
- Reporting and Presentation preparation
- Updating and usage of CRM
- Market and industry research
- Microsoft Office skills
- Min. 5 years of sales experience in a similar industry
- CRM Software Skills will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English & Bahasa Melayu, 3rd
language will be an advantage
- Degree in any discipline, Supply Chain / Logistics / Business related preferred
What We Offer
- A fast-paced and exciting position in the commercial team, on-the-job training will be provided
- A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership
- A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. ambition, improvement, and fun in business are part of our DNA