Commercial Manager - SEA / Oceania
Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the world’s leading Logistics Service Providers. Our family-owned organization was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry, we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture.
The role of a Commercial Manager (SEA / Oceania) is based in Singapore and reporting into the General Manager of SEA. He/She will play an integral role in leading the Commercial and Pricing teams, and working closely with all the office functions and network.
Working in a results-driven matrix organization, you must be comfortable dealing with customers independently, able to work in a team, to offer quotations and rates to customer. You will be the face of the company, representing Den Hartogh Logistics on your customer visits, and building long-term relationships with our valued customers in the region.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement commercial strategy to ensure regional targets in terms of volume, price and gross margin are achieved
- Providing leadership to the commercial and pricing teams in:
- Ensuring proper regional pricing schedule and maintenance of same.
- Ensuring agents adherence to maximum monthly export quotas and rate targets, unless otherwise approved by Den Hartogh.
- Ensuring all destinations cost requests to agents from inside and outside region are responded to promptly accurately.
- Ensuring agents receive prompt response on requests within and outside of the region
- Oversee and manage all regional tender requirements, for contractual business, including collation of costs per above, and tender submissions via spreadsheet and web.
- Oversee the business development activities of prospecting potential customers, conducting sales visits with the team, and updating the CRM tool
- Provides external market and industry intelligence to the Senior Management team
- Any other ad hoc functions as required, including support of commercial and operational functions, subject to completion of core functions.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- CRM Software Skills will be an added advantage
- Good speaking and writing proficiency in English & a 2nd Language
- At least 5 years of experience in ISO tank or related industry
- Min. Bachelors Degree in any discipline, Supply Chain / Logistics / Business related preferred
- Singaporean or PR