Commercial Manager (Thailand and Indochina)
Thailand, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, BangkokGlobal - Account Management
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading Logistics Service Provider, specialized in bulk transport for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in Den Hartogh’s culture. The company highly values networking and partnerships and strives to develop smart logistics solutions together with its customers and third parties that contribute to a more efficient supply chain.
Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 50 locations within 29 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,100 people and our modern equipment includes 23,970 tank containers, 5,791 dry bulk containers and specialized dry bulk trailers, 340 tank trailers and 659 trucks.
The Commercial Manager (Thailand & Indochina) is an integral role in the Commercial Team to identify and develop better business opportunities for improved growth. You must be comfortable dealing with customers, able to work in a team, to offer quotations and rates to customers, as well as to maintain customer relationships, analyze current strategies, and develop improved action plans. You will be the face of the company, representing Den Hartogh Logistics on your customer visits, and making presentations where needed.
- Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies, meeting company goals and objectives.
- Focus on strategies to accelerate growth.
- Working knowledge of how to conduct market research and analysis including the creation of detailed business plans.
- Extensive understanding of business growth models and the ability to foresee commercial opportunities.
- Prospect potential customers.
- Understand existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure they are being met.
- Willingness to take strategic risks, acting to acquire new customers and manage client relationships.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.).
- Excellent relational skills, working tirelessly to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of metrics to monitor the performance of commercial activities, reporting results to senior management.
- Strategic development and critical thinking skills needed to assist in setting financial targets, developing budgets, and monitoring compliance.
- Administration of regional pricing schedule and maintenance of same.
- Ensure agents adherence to maximum monthly export quotas and rate targets.
- Assist agents to receive a prompt response on similar requests, both inside and outside the region.
- Manage all regional tender requirements, for contractual business, including collation of costs per above, and tender submissions via spreadsheet and web.
- Any other ad hoc functions as required, including support of commercial and operational functions, subject to completion of core functions.
- Share and get aligned with the Regional Commercial Director of South-East Asia and work closely with all the office functions and networks.
- Other ad-hoc work as directed by the company.
- At least 10 years experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience in companies dealing with transport & logistics would clearly be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual thinking combined with financial acumen.
- Persistence in overcoming challenges and unforeseen circumstances.
- Successful in stakeholder management within an international scope.
- You feel aligned with the Den Hartogh Values.
- A bachelor degree in management or commerce or supply chain management or logistics.
- MS office skills.
- Good command of English and Thai.