Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,700 employees located in 42 offices within 23 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 18,000 tank containers, 6,000 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 tank trailers and almost 600 trucks.
As the Container M&R Supervisor you will have responsibility for the control of all container, pressure tank and van box maintenance and repair activities in Europe including certification, budget, quality, depot structure and refurbishment, involving regular travel to European and UK depots.
This is a field based role and we can be flexible on office location.
• Managing the costs and quality of equipment repairs, in line with wider business requirements.
• Undertaking site visits and audits, again focusing on quality, cost and minimising equipment turnaround times and ensuring value for money.
• Developing a European depot structure, which will result in a network of approved depot facilities which repair both tanks and box containers.
• Daily management of European depot structure, including the control of container stock in individual depots and status, approval of non-fixed cost repairs and ensuring repair quality.
• Working closely with the technical administration resource as required, providing a scope of work that must be adhered to on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Responsible for all monthly expenditure on container repairs including both fixed and non-fixed cost repairs and including any stock purchased, working closely with the Technical Manager.
• Responsible for price negotiation with depots.
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of containers (essential)
• Have excellent knowledge/experience with container and trailer repairs
• Have a digitalised mind set
• Be able to undertake regular travel in the UK and Europe, including nights out
• Be able to work as part of a team and individually, developing positive relationships across the business
• Be capable of working with, and managing, internal and external stakeholders
• Be flexible and agile to be able to adapt working practices to business demands
• Be an analytical decision maker, taking into consideration a range of information sources, demonstrating financial awareness to achieve cost efficiency whilst delivering business improvements
• Demonstrate strong organisation skills and be an excellent communicator; eager to understand all aspects or the business
• Have strong cost and business awareness with the ability to understand the bigger picture
• Demonstrate a passion for a strong health and safety culture.
What we offer:
• A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership
• A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, improvement, innovation, and fun in business are part of our DNA.
• A company van and laptop
• Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package, including pension scheme, life assurance, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 20 June 2021. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)