Wilton, England, United KingdomDry Bulk
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers.
Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 50 locations within 27 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,100 people and our modern equipment includes 24,355 tank containers, 5,767 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 310 tank trailers and 674 trucks.
About the role
The container repair function at Wilton is an integral part of a wider Terminal Operation that provides a range of services for one of Den Hartogh’s major customers in the plastics production sector. We are currently looking for a Container Repairer to join our team in Wilton.
The role is predominantly working on your own, reporting on a day to day basis to the Terminal Manager and functionally to the Technical Manager in Hull. You will also be part of the Wilton terminal team of 30 container terminal operatives.
As we are on the premises of a customer in a chemical and food grade production complex, we have to ensure we comply to both our own and the customers safety and environmental standards and procedures. The repair function on site is fundamental to our commitment to providing excellent safety and product quality for the onward container journey.
The working pattern is 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 7.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Process and carry out instructions received from the relevant departments and terminal requirements on the repair, maintenance, fabrication of specialist steel bulk shipping containers, within the premises of a busy container terminal, ensuring the highest quality of work.
• Use a combination of fabrication and joinery skills to repair and maintain containers, managing a busy workload and staying calm under pressure, at times working alone.
• Adhere to current health and safety legislation and receive any necessary health and safety training and relevant site equipment training, in line with Den Hartogh and site legislation.
• Maintain a good level of cleanliness in the terminal work area at all times to ensure a safe working space, maintain stock levels of materials and consumables and minimise material wastage, ensuring that we only use the materials necessary to complete the job.
The ideal candidate will have:• Experience in MIG welding / fabrication is essential
• Qualification in welding / steel fabrication or engineering would be advantageous
• Experience in container repair would be advantageous, but not essential
• Ability to work alone, using own initiative
• Ability to plan and prioritise work
• Ability to work under pressure and manage own work, whilst delivering to deadlines
• Basic IT skills required
• Good communication skills including some written updates
What we offer:
Competitive rate of pay, depending on qualifications and experience.
Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package including pension scheme, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, Help at hand scheme, voluntary health cash plan, access to retail discounts and employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be joining a growing and vibrant organisation with ambitious goals. Den Hartogh prides itself on a working environment that promises openness and respect and provides opportunities for personal growth as well as ongoing career development.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page. The closing date for applications is 9 June 2023. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator (email@example.com).
© Copyright 2023 Royal Den Hartogh Logistics. All rights reserved - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Code of conduct