Customer Account Manager (Liquid Bulk Logistics)
United States, Texas, HoustonOperations - other
The significant growth of Royal Den Hartogh Logistics drives our ambition in the further development of our Customer Service team for our Business Unit Global in Houston, Texas.
To meet the changing and challenging demands of the business and to ensure the growth ambitions of Den Hartogh Logistics, we are looking for an Customer Account Manager to join our team.
The candidate has knowledge and experience within logistics & shipping and has excellent customer service skills. He/she has a proven track record in a service industry and can quickly estimate the situation and suggest the right solution for it, identifies opportunities and takes immediate actions.
The Account Manager reports to the local operations manager and will work closely with all functional departments to ensure their customers' requirements are met on time and in full.
He/she will be an ambassador of Den Hartogh and will take active part in projects and accelerate the overall customer service performance.
Our Global Team specializes in the transport of bulk liquids in 20 foot ISO Tank Containers intermodally over the road, rail, and by sea.
About the team
You’ll be part of a truly global team of professionals who go the extra mile to exceed the customer’s expectations, take accountability and have fun in business.
As Account Manager, you are the main contact person for your customers. From the moment the customer sends a request, you take responsibility for the acceptance and execution of the orders, including the necessary administration (from order to invoice).
You are the logistics specialist who answers all your customer´s queries, finding solutions for potential disruptions and problems as well as executing financial and operational analyses to support continuous improvements. You will be agile, constantly switching between customer service, managing orders, liaising with operations, discussing developments in sales, and working on improvements.
Your main responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate processing of customer orders in our Transport Management System (Transfusion) and corresponding systems.
- Responsible for the operational contacts with the customer.
- Building relationships, understanding the customers’ needs and requirements, translating for business use, and providing sustainable logistics solutions to assist in the customer’s supply chain.
- Maintaining high levels of communications across the internal Den Hartogh teams to ensure customers’ requirements can be met and the operational teams have the necessary information to plan.
- Optimizing the logistics services provided in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Informing customers and recharging any additional charges that result during a transport.
- Obtaining and coordinating the documentation necessary for import, export, and transit movements in line with international clearance processes.
- Continuous improvement and proactively streamline internal process to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- On-time and in-full invoicing of all charges to the customer.
- Monitoring the gross/operational margins on customer accounts to suggest and implement improvement suggestions.
Your qualifications, experience & skills
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, be an excellent communicator and eager to understand all aspects of our business. As the main point of contact for your customers, you will provide excellent customer service and have the desire to build relationships internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of two years customer service logistics experience in an office-based environment or a supply chain education
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- An outstanding sense of responsibility, with a pro-active and structured approach to customer centricity.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work well under pressure, and able to adapt quickly to market changes - internally and externally, with a willingness to respond rapidly and flexibly to customer demand.
- The desire to build relationships internally and externally.
- Willingness to undertake training and development activities.
What we offer
- A position in the centre of operations and commerce. It could be your ambition to develop in the field of Customer Service or progress into one of the many other career opportunities in our company.
- A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership.
- A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, Improvement and Fun in Business are part of your DNA.
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV / Resume and motivation.