Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,800 employees located in 47 offices within 26 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 20,000 tank containers, 6,100 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 350 tank trailers and 630 trucks.
Do you prefer to work alone? Without pressure? Without responsibility? We do not!
As Customer Service Representative for our Dry Bulk Business Unit at Den Hartogh, you will work closely together with colleagues all over Europe. Being responsible for your own accounts, you will enjoy the rush of operations: constantly switching between Customer Service, managing orders with Operations, discussing developments with Sales and working on improvements. In the world of bulk logistics, no two days are the same!
What you will do:
As Customer Service Representative, you are the main contact person for your customers. From the moment the customer sends a transport request you take responsibility for the acceptance and execution of the orders, including necessary administration (from order to invoice). You are the logistics specialist who answers all of your customer´s queries, handles compliments and complaints, solves problems, implements new lanes and executes financial & operational analyses in order to continuously improve.
Together with your colleagues from operations and commerce, you will realise creative transport solutions in order to reduce costs and expand existing business.
What we expect:
In order to be successful you need to be self-organized, a strong communicator and eager to understand all aspects of our (and our customers’) business. As the main contact person for your customers, you have a clear vision on excellent customer service and are driven to make this happen. Furthermore you:
• Have a minimum of two years customer service experience in an office based environment, ideally in logistics, plus grade C/4 in GCSE Maths and English OR relevant degree plus some work experience in a customer facing role;
• Fluency in Italian or Spanish would be an advantage but is not essential;
• Have a high sense of responsibility, with a pro-active and structured approach;
• Have excellent attention to detail;
• Are able to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios;
• Are a strong team player;
• Have excellent and accurate verbal and written communication skills;
• Are fast and efficient with IT solutions.
What we offer:
• A position in the centre of operations and commerce. It could be your ambition to develop in the field of Customer Service or progress into one of the many other career opportunities in our company;
• A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership. See yourself surrounded by people who care and who are not only waiting for the next pay day;
• A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, Improvement and Fun in Business are part of your DNA;
• Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package, including pension scheme, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page. The closing date for applications is 24 October 2021. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org