Customer Service Representative
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United KingdomGAS - Account Management
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers.
Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 50 locations within 29 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,100 people and our modern equipment includes 23,970 tank containers, 5,791 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 340 tank trailers and 659 trucks.
As Customer Service Representative, you are the main contact person for your customers. From the moment the customer sends a transport request you take responsibility for the acceptance and execution of the orders, including necessary administration (from order to invoice). You are the logistics specialist who answers all of your customer´s queries, handles compliments and complaints, solves problems, implements new lanes, and executes financial and operational analyses in order to support continuous improvements.
Together with your colleagues, you will provide creative transport solutions, always looking for opportunities to upsell and ensure the customer is fully aware of all products/services. You will be agile, constantly switching between customer service, managing orders, liaising with operations, discussing developments in sales, and working on improvements.
Will have strong organisational skills, be an excellent communicator and eager to understand all aspects of our business. As the main point of contact for your customers, you will provide excellent customer service and have the desire to build relationships internally and externally. Furthermore, you will have:
- a minimum of two years customer service experience in an office based environment, ideally in logistics, grade C/4 in GCSE Maths and English or relevant degree
- experience of working in a customer facing role
- an outstanding sense of responsibility, with a pro-active and structured approach to customer centricity
- attention to detail, the ability to work well under pressure, and able to adapt quickly to market changes - internally and externally, with a willingness to respond rapidly and flexibly to customer demands
- the desire to build relationships internally and externally
- willingness to undertake training and development activities
What we offer:
- A position in the centre of operations and commerce. It could be your ambition to develop in the field of customer service or progress into one of the many other career opportunities in our company.
- A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership
- A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. ambition, improvement, and fun in business are part of our DNA
- Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package including competitive salary, excellent pension and life assurance scheme, 25 days holiday, cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice), Benefit Hub, Help@Hand scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page. The closing date for applications is 9 June 2023. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator (email@example.com).
© Copyright 2023 Royal Den Hartogh Logistics. All rights reserved - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Code of conduct