Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,700 employees located in 42 offices within 23 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 18,000 tank containers, 6,500 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 tank trailers and almost 600 trucks.
The Business Unit Gas Logistics specializes in the transport of liquefied gases in bulk by road and by intermodal via rail and vessels. With our outstanding equipment, such as T50 tank containers for a variety of products and T75 tank containers for Airgasses (CO2 – LINLOXLAR), strong local customer relationships and specialised in-house gas drivers, we offer full integrated supply chain solutions to our customers.
Customer satisfaction, operational excellence and cost optimisation are at the heart of Gas Logistics.
About the team:
You’ll be part of a team of professionals who go the extra mile to exceed the customer’s expectations, take accountability and have fun in business. Although the majority of the team is located in Rotterdam, the team operates globally and interacts with team members around the world.
About the role:
As Account Manager, you are the main contact person for your customers. From the moment the customer sends a transport request you take responsibility for the acceptance and execution of the orders, including the necessary administration (from order to invoice). You are the logistics specialist who answers all your customer´s queries, handles compliments and complaints, solves problems, executes financial and operational analyses to support continuous improvements.
Together with your colleagues, you will provide creative transport solutions, always looking for opportunities to upsell and ensure the customer is fully aware of all products/services. You will be agile, constantly switching between customer service, managing orders, liaising with operations, discussing developments in sales, and working on improvements.
Your main responsibilities:
• Responsible for the accurate processing of customer orders in Transfusion and corresponding systems.
• Responsible for the operational contacts with the customer. Building relationships, understanding the customers’ needs and requirements, translating for business use, and providing sustainable logistics solutions to assist in the customer’s supply chain
• Maintaining high levels of communications across the internal Den Hartogh teams to ensure customers’ requirements can be met and the operational teams have the necessary information to plan
• Optimizing the logistics services provided in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
• Informing customers and recharging any additional charges that result during the course of an order
• Obtaining and coordinating the documentation necessary for import, export, and transit movements in line with Brexit clearance processes
• Continuous improvement and proactively streamline internal process to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• On-time and in-full invoicing of all charges to the customer
• Monitoring the gross/operational margins on customer accounts to suggest and implement improvement suggestions
What we offer:
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 4 June 2021. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator email@example.com