Sea logistics export and import operations coordinator
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de JaneiroCustomer Service
Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,800 employees located in 47 offices within 26 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 20,000 tank containers, 6,100 dry bulk containers and specialized dry bulk trailers, 350 tank trailers and 630 trucks.
About the role
As Logistics Coordinator (Latin America) you have knowledge and experience within logistics & shipping and you have excellent customer service skills. You have a proven track record in a service industry and can quickly estimate the situation and suggest the right solution for it, identify opportunities and take immediate actions.
You are responsible to coordinate export and import operations with Network Partners and customers in Latin America. You answer all of your customer´s queries, handle compliments and complaints, solve problems, implement new lanes, and execute financial and operational analyses in order to support continuous improvements. That includes coordination of logistics service – transport and shipping – coordinating customers requirements, booking with shipping lines, planning and tank container allocation, You take care of the proper documentation, Bill of Lading, invoicing, etc. Basically you have the opportunity to coordinate your accounts from beginning to delivery.
Together with your colleagues, you will provide creative transport solutions, always looking for opportunities to upsell and ensure the customer is fully aware of all products/services. You will be agile, constantly switching between customer service, managing orders, liaising with operations and working on improvements.
About the location
You will be working from our office in Rio de Janeiro, Barra da Tijuca, Brazil with home office flexibility.
- Responsible for the accurate processing of customer orders in our Transport Management System (Transfusion) and corresponding systems.
- Responsible for the operational contacts with the customer.
- Building relationships, understanding the customers’ needs and requirements, translating for business use, and providing sustainable logistics solutions to assist in the customer’s supply chain.
- Maintaining high levels of communications across the internal Den Hartogh teams to ensure customers’ requirements can be met and the operational teams have the necessary information to plan.
- Optimizing the logistics services provided in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Informing customers and recharging any additional charges that result during a transport.
- Obtaining and coordinating the documentation necessary for import, export, and transit movements in line with international clearance processes.
- Continuous improvement and proactively streamline internal processes to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- On-time and in-full invoicing of all charges to the customer.
- Monitoring the gross/operational margins on customer accounts to suggest and implement improvement suggestions.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, be an excellent communicator and eager to understand all aspects of our business. As the main point of contact for your customers, you will provide excellent customer service and have the desire to build relationships internally and externally. Furthermore, you will have:
- a minimum of two years shipping logistics experience in an office based environment, ideally as user of tank operators, freight forwarder or shipping line, English fluency and Advance Spanish.
- experience of working in a customer facing role.
- strong sense of urgency and love to get things done.
- an outstanding sense of responsibility, with a pro-active and structured approach to customer centricity.
- attention to detail, good logical skills and the ability to work well under pressure, and able to adapt quickly to market changes - internally and externally, with a willingness to respond rapidly and flexibly to customer demands.
- the desire to build relationships internally and externally.
- willingness to undertake training and development activities.
- flexibility to work in different hours considering the time zone of other countries (Brazil -3 hours).
- good MS Excel skills.