Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading service provider in bulk logistics for the chemical, gas, polymer and dry food industry. Safety and operational excellence are inextricably linked to Den Hartogh's culture. The family business was founded in 1920 and has its head office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
With offices in 43 different locations, we have a local presence in every part of the world. More than 1,500 employees work at Den Hartogh. Together with our customers and suppliers, we strive to develop smart logistics solutions. We are proud to have been named the best employer in the Logistics and Transport sector in 2016.
For our office in Hull we are looking for a Senior Network / Infrastructure Engineer.
What do we expect from you:
As a hands-on manager and mentor to a multi-site team of engineers you will, together with your team and external parties, troubleshoot and optimize our ICT infrastructure and end user devices (PCs, laptops and mobile devices).
Your excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of server, network, and desktop administration and architecture will help us to maintain a high quality infrastructure. Data protection and security is one of the areas that you become passionate about.
You participate in our global transformation projects including SD-WAN, Azure, Office365 and modern workplace deployment.
In this versatile position you will come into contact with all ICT facets within Den Hartogh and you will gain a good insight and unique view of the transport and logistics world of Den Hartogh.
You will be required to undertake some UK and European travel.
You are responsible for, among other things:
• Participate in the design and deployment of functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
• Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices, desktop PCs, thin client devices and laptops.
• Monitor network performance and integrity
• Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
• Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
• Work closely with international colleagues sharing skills and experience, including on technical issues
• Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
• Communicate with users when needed
• Maintain complete technical documentation
• Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including a high standard of written and spoken English.
• Proven 5 years of experience in a similar position
• Familiarity with ITIL service delivery frameworks (Incident, Problem, Change and Mitigation)
• Knowledge of virtualisation technologies. (Citrix and MS RDS is a plus)
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with common management platforms for service and configuration management and enterprise monitoring.
• Familiarity with the setup up of network switches, IPSec and SSL VPNs on Firewalls for both on-premise and Cloud environments.
• Experience of Azure AD, networking, PaaS and IaaS components and related services.
• Understanding of Active Directory environments and related M365 services
• Experience with enterprise collaboration and voice/UC services (incl. MS Teams)
• Supporting mobile device management solutions (InTune is a plus)
• Microsoft Desktop operating systems as well as associated tools and technologies.
• Personal alignment to our core values
What can you expect from us:
• a growing and informal organization with ambitious goals;
• a full-time position with a lot of responsibility;
• a competitive employment conditions package;
• a lot of attention for personal growth and development.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 19 June 2022. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org