Senior Technical Manager APAC, Dry Bulk
Bangkok, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, ThailandDry Bulk
Company Profile: Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the world’s leading specialist Logistics Service Providers. Our family-owned organization was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industries we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture.
A new role has been created within our Dry Bulk Division in Thailand - the Senior Technical Manager APAC is an integral role within the Dry Bulk Asia Management Team and is tasked with the administration of all Technical activities, equipment and people across the region in line with agreed technical parameters.
The Senior Technical Manager APAC works closely with the Group Technical Development Manager based in Europe, the Regional General Manager APAC (on day-to-day requirements) and the Commercial Director APAC (on business development projects) and is responsible for effectively managing technical resources.
This role requires an individual with extensive knowledge & experience in industrial systems utilised for conveying and transporting Dry Bulk products. For appropriate control of Dry Bulk Technical Resources - People & Equipment - this role requires hands on, proactive day-to-day execution and collaboration with Country Technical Managers across the region.
A primary focus for the Senior Technical Manager APAC will be to support new business development. You must therefore be comfortable dealing with customers as you will be the face of the company representing Den Hartogh Dry Bulk Logistics during customer visits for technical discussions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Activity 1 - Responsible for the Technical Management of Dry Bulk Asia
- Provides leadership to the Technical Team - responsible for day-to-day management
- Manages asset utilisation efficiently; ensues equipment is fit for purpose
- Ensures technical requirements of customer base are clearly identified & met
- Responsible for the cost management of Technical day-to-day spend across the business
- Collaborates internally to ensure that Technical fully supports ongoing projects
Key Activity 2 - Responsible for the effectiveness of the Technical Dry Bulk Team
- People Management of Technical Team across the Asia region
- Effective leadership of Technical Team in relation to role, performance, targets and expectations
- Manages & controls the regional overheads for Technical
- Ensures Appraisals are carried out and any performance issues are managed effectively.
- Promotes development of Team members by acquiring new skills, knowledge & experience
Key Activity 3 – Project Management – Business Development
- Contributes proactively to help grow the Dry Bulk business across Asia
- Persistent commitment to introducing innovation within our Products & Services
- Customer centric - assesses technical requirements of Customers & Prospects
- Geographic centric - assesses technical requirements by country of operation(s)
Key Activity 4 – Design & Engineering
- Design, procure, commission Technical equipment that is operated by the Dry Bulk business
- (eg) Containers / Pressure tanks / Trailers / Compressors / Rotary Valves / Conveying systems
- Engineer customized solutions for Loading & Unloading processes at new customer sites
- Review existing technical set ups & devise improvements to existing equipment or services.
Key Activity 4 – CAPEX
- Manage CAPEX process from Technical perspective
- Design Technical solutions that fulfil & exceed customer needs
- Source Suppliers / Manage Quotation Process / Coordination with Suppliers
- Compile Budgets / Negotiate pricing incl Terms / Procurement / Delivery / Administration
- Capex & Cost control for projects – incl Reporting to Finance Team
Key Activity 4 – Implementation & Commissioning
- Onsite installation of equipment, field engineering, risk assessment & trial run
- Startup commissioning and implementation to full-service scope
- Comply with international / local / customers OPs & Safety Standards.
- Train relevant personnel including Operators, Drivers & third-party contractors
- Define, draft and Issue Operational Procedures
Key Activity 4 – Contributes strategically to Dry Bulk Asia
- Works closely with the Executive Team, Country Management & Department Heads
- Co-ordinates with key internal stakeholders to help implement active business plans
- Assists in developing strategies that deliver process improvement and operational change
- Manages Strategic Partners, Representatives & Agents effectively
- Relevant higher education qualification – (i.e.) technical / mechanical qualification;
- 8 - 10 years proven technical credentials - both in a field as well as an office environment;
- Min 5 years experience in Design and / or Applied Engineering;
- Background working within companies dealing in Logistics & Transportation is a plus;
- Experience in Truck and Trailer mechanics is a plus;
- Experience in pneumatic conveying systems, hydraulics, electrics both in office and field is a plus;
- Experience in working with Autodesk 2D & Inventor / Solidworks is a plus;
- A network in the petrochemical industry and/or bulk transport sector is a plus;
- Ability to lead / develop teams and build strong relationships (internal & customer);
- Experience with human resource management & strategic personnel planning;
- A practical, hands-on and pro-active approach is essential;
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking mindset;
- No 9 to 5 mentality - prepared to travel domestically & internationally;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written aspects;
Personal Competencies Required
- Technically orientated;
- Results driven;
- Team Leadership;
- Financial Acumen;
- Collaboration and influencing;
- Conceptual thinker;
- Strategic thinker;
- Tactical executer;
- Effective stakeholder and vendor manager;
- Unquestionable character and integrity.
© Copyright 2023 Royal Den Hartogh Logistics. All rights reserved - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Code of conduct