Systems Engineer – Corporate Technology Platform
United Kingdom, England, StocktonStaff - IT
About Den Hartogh
Royal Den Hartogh Logistics is one of the leading Logistics Service Providers. The family-owned organisation was established in The Netherlands in 1920. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry, we combine the best elements to create the optimal solution for each situation. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture.
Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises/offices in 50 locations within 29 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,100 people and our modern equipment includes 23,970 tank containers, 5,791 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 340 tank trailers and 659 trucks.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of Senior Engineers responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining our core infrastructure, corporate technology platform and end user computing environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the full life-cycle management of the corporate technology platform and will be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of platform availability, performance, and security in partnership with our managed service providers.
- Platform management, monitoring and maintain platform security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Test platform performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with all stakeholders to implement those fixes;
- Liaise with service providers, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support;
- Coordinate the installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Key stakeholder in the development of the Den Hartogh cloud adoption strategy.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related education;
- Proven working experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting in based environments;
- Experience with virtualization, containerization (e.g., VMware) and monitoring systems;
- Solid scripting skills, cloud experience (Azure), networking knowledge and knowledge of SQL database;
- A good command of the English language in word and writing.
What we offer:
- A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership;
- A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. ambition, improvement, and fun in business are part of our DNA;
- Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package including competitive salary, excellent pension and life assurance scheme, 25 days holiday, cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice) and employee assistance programme.
How to apply?
For more information about the role you can contact Bob Kloppenburg via BKloppenburg@denhartogh.com or apply direct via the below button.