Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,700 employees located in 42 offices within 23 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 18,000 tank containers, 6,500 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 tank trailers and almost 600 trucks.
At Den Hartogh we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, we care about people, their safety and wellbeing which makes us an employer of choice. We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Team County Planning Team, based in Stockton.
About the role:
• Cost effective planning of all vehicle routes by fully utilising a range of modalities to the required level of customer service
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all legislation that is relevant to the transport industry and work in accordance with this
• Manage driver hours – start / finish times and route optimisation
• Manage and ensure adequate resource is available i.e. drivers and transportation methods.
• Communicate with third party sub-contractors
• Good knowledge of planning systems and processes
• Process departmental documentation and driver’s paperwork
• Respond to telephone calls, emails etc. in a timely manner by providing a friendly and supportive service
The successful candidate will be joining a growing and vibrant organisation with ambitious goals. Den Hartogh prides itself on a working environment that promises openness and respect and provides opportunities for personal growth as well as ongoing career development.
Key skills required for the role are:
What we offer:
How to apply:
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 11 June 2021. For more information about the vacancy, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator (email@example.com).