About the team:
You report organizationally to the Director Americas and functionally to the Technical Director (based in U.K) and will work with colleagues from various disciplines all over the globe.
About the role:
In this new role you privide support in the control and management of Maintenance & Repair (M&R) and technical activities in North & South America.
Your main areas of responsibilitiies are:
Technical support for M&R and depot activities in North & South America (75%)
- Working in conjunction with America’s Technical manager in the co-ordination and control of tank container repairs.
- Checking and verification of third party depot repair estimates.
- Control of third party depot inspection and repair quality.
- Performing emergency response role for Global tank containers.
- Assisting with transhipment of tank containers as required.
- Assisting with the control of damage surveys as required.
- Control of tank container modifications as required.
Support for tank cleaning and SHEQ activities in North & South America (15%)
- Supporting audit program for approved cleaning stations, repair depots and trucking suppliers.
- Delivering spot checks with approved suppliers.
- Support in the control and verification of additional cleaning costs.
- Periodic review of cleaning procedures for difficult products.
Commercial & Business development function (10%)
- Providing technical support for business development including attending customer meetings.
- Providing technical support as required to the Global commercial team in developing technical solutions in consultation with customer requirements.
- Managing the delivery of customer required tank modification / preps prior to loading.
- Assisting in the development of new equipment working to customer specifications.
- Installing equipment at customer sites for undertaking trial discharges and loadings.
- Training of customer operational staff in accordance with Den Hartogh operational procedures.
- Qualifications in mechanical engineering preferable.
- Previous experience in tank container maintenance.
- Good understanding of dangerous goods transport regulations including IMDG.
- Sourcing, supplier control, assessing and auditing experience.
- Must be able to work under their own resource while being a strong team player.
- Ability to work under time pressures to deliver tank cleaning or repairs.
- Flexibility to travel at short notice if required and extended periods.
What we offer:
We offer you an interesting position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing and informal organisation. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.
How to apply:
If you are interested in pursuing a professional career with a wealth of opportunities please apply via the button below! For more information about the vacancy, please contact Martin Levitt (Technical Director) on +44 164 266 9016.
* Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.