Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers.
Den Hartogh, established in The Netherlands in 1920, has a presence in every region of the world with offices at 42 locations in 26 countries. Our workforce consists of more than 2,200 dedicated and ambitious colleagues and our modern equipment includes around 20,000 tank containers, 6,500 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 road tankers and more than 600 trucks.
About the Team
Den Hartogh’s IT department (35 FTE) is primary based in the Netherlands with part of the team (6 FTE) in the UK. The pillars Core Technology, Service Management, Security, BI & Data Management, Customer & Supplier Solutions, Connected Sites & Workforce, Transportation Management and Finance & HR work together as one team to support the growth and international expansions of Den Hartogh and in realizing its objectives. The Dry Bulk Technology Manager reports directly to the ICT Manager and is part of the Core Technology team.
About the Role
The Technology Manager will leverage technology solutions to meet Dry Bulk’s organisational needs. You will take responsibility for the design and implementation of functional and cost-efficient technology systems. You will co-oordinate the prioritisation of user requirements and oversee system upgrades.
A key component of this role is effective communication with stakeholders to understand their technical needs. You will develop and analyse functional specifications, and co-ordinate with Dry Bulk technology partners to build and implement technology solutions.
You will be responsible for collating feedback from end-users about system performance and will troubleshoot any issues that may arise. You oversee the integration of multiple systems and reconcile different teams’ needs and plans. You will advise and provide technical training, remain aware of technology trends and developments, and make suggestions.
Your responsibilities include:
• Managing Dry Bulk development in co-ordination with 3rd Party Technology Partners and Dry Bulk Management/Key Users.
• First line contact for Dry Bulk Technology Service Desk requests.
• Problem solving and Incident Management.
• Managing Dry Bulk 3rd Party technology partners, Projects and SLAs.
• Technology Change Management in-line with Den Hartogh Group Policies and Procedures.
• Co-ordinating Dry Bulk Key Users and 3rd party technology partners’ communications and activities throughout the technology lifecycle.
• End User Training in partnership with 3rd parties and the Dry Bulk Application Owner.
• IS/IT related degree preferable
• Advanced use of Microsoft 365 tools
• Experience of Power BI and crystal reports would be an advantage
• Strong stakeholder management skills, working closely with department leads to understand their requirements manage expectations
• Good business acumen, understanding business requirements and working closely with the teams to determine priorities and a cost benefit analysis for projects.
• Excellent teamwork, maintaining a positive attitude and building rapport across a range of teams creating a good working environment.
• Project management skills to plan effectively, understanding the risks and pitfalls to ensure on time delivery of projects.
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate on all levels, internally and externally, presenting a professional image. Builds a rapport with external partners and colleagues.
What we offer:
An interesting and independent position with a high degree of responsibility in an international and dynamic environment. The role offers good opportunities for personal development.
Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package including pension scheme, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, Help@hand service and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 30 June 2022. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org