Transport Operations Manager
Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,700 employees located in 42 offices within 23 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 18,000 tank containers, 6,500 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 tank trailers and almost 600 trucks.
About the role
As the Transport Operations Manager you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the transport function, from the day to day management, through to driving the operational strategy. Your passion, innovation and effective coaching skills will enable you to create a highly motivated, results driven team that are committed to the highest standards of safety, service, and compliance.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a National/International CPC qualification
- Exhibit strong organisational skills, be an excellent communicator and eager to understand all aspects of our business
- Have extensive experience of managing a transport operation, capable of setting standards and delivering performance and results through people
- Be capable of working with, and managing, internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of transport legislation and drivers’ hours rules, both UK and EU, and excellent knowledge of VOSA/ DVSA regulatory requirements
- Be passionate about developing and implementing HSE and quality assurance processes and procedures to support a safety first culture; a recognised health and safety qualification or the willingness to work towards it, is desirable
- Show financial awareness, promoting cost efficiency and delivering business improvements
- Have excellent IT skills and demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency in both transport and workforce management related systems
What we offer:
- A position in the centre of operations
- A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership
- A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, improvement, innovation, and fun in business are part of our DNA.
- Fully expensed company car or car allowance
- Relocation options/support may be available for the right candidate
- Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package, including pension scheme, life assurance, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page and upload your CV and motivation. The closing date for applications is 12 April 2021. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator (email@example.com)