Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading bulk Logistics Service Provider to the Chemical, Gas, Polymer and Dry Bulk Food industry. We have integrated our Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics, and Dry Bulk Logistics. Safety and Operational Excellence are embedded in our culture. We understand the value of networks and partnerships, and therefore focus on developing SMART logistic solutions together with our customers and suppliers. We have a global presence, with more than 1,700 employees located in 42 offices within 23 countries. Our modern equipment includes more than 18,000 tank containers, 6,500 dry bulk containers and specialised dry bulk trailers, 400 tank trailers and almost 600 trucks.
Do you prefer to work alone? Without pressure? Without responsibility? We do not!
As a German speaking Transport Operator for our Dry Bulk Business Unit at Den Hartogh, you will work closely together with suppliers all over UK and Europe. Being responsible for your own geographical area, you will enjoy the rush of operations: constantly providing clear and accurate communication with our drivers, hauliers and colleagues; all essential ingredients to ensure we achieve our service requirements.
What you will do:
As a German speaking Transport Operator, you are the main contact person for your suppliers. You will work with hauliers to arrange collections and deliveries for our customers, including necessary administration. You will arrange operational activities on time and in the most cost effective manner. You are a logistics specialist who is proactive in anticipating solutions to potential problems before they even happen! In the world of bulk logistics, no two days are the same!
The successful candidate will be joining a growing and vibrant organisation with ambitious goals. Den Hartogh prides itself on a working environment that promises openness and respect and provides opportunities for personal growth as well as ongoing career development.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of two years experience in the transport logistics sector, plus grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths and English
• Fluency in German is essential for this role
• Ability to work well under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements
• Understands and demonstrates a safety culture
• A high sense of responsibility, to achieve operational excellence
• Communicates clearly with Drivers and colleagues in the office
• Excellent telephone and communication skills
• Able to plan and organise work in a structured way whilst being able to adapt to ever changing scenarios
• Strong team player with ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to problem solve and be creative in finding solutions
• Fast and accurate IT skills
What we offer:
A workplace where we believe in giving trust, responsibility and taking ownership. See yourself surrounded by people who care and who are not only waiting for the next pay day;
A dynamic environment with a strong focus on operational excellence. Ambition, Improvement and Fun in Business are part of your DNA;
Attractive Den Hartogh benefits package including pension scheme, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
How to apply
Please apply via the link on this page. The closing date for applications is 30 April 2021. For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Langridge, HR Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org